Organizations For Specific Disorders:
Local Community Support Groups:
Contact us via email if you are an organizer of a related local support group that is helping serve the health needs of Beaufort County residents and we will post your contact information in this area.
Living with Alzheimer's Support Group
Parkinson's Support Group of Beaufort
Call: (843) 524-4778
Fax: (843) 524-4779
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
2127 Boundary Street; Suite 18 B; Beaufort, SC 29902
Located inside Omni Health & Fitness Center
Health Information Websites:
- This is a great resource that is generally written in a manner that is easy to understand. When in doubt, just type what you're looking for in their search menu.
- This is a good health resource but can be more tedious than the Mayo Clinic website. Has a link for possible clinical trials. Gives access to all research studies that received federal funding through National Institutes of Health.
- This website has a fantastic "Pill Identifier".
- This website offers the ability to compare medication prices at different pharmacies.
- Symptom and condition checker that provides an overview on a fairly comprehensive list of conditions that may benefit from Physical Therapy. This is provided through the APTA.
- American Physical Therapy Association
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Large amplitude treatment approach for Parkinson's disease and other neurological conditions.